Skip to main content

The Beginning of the End, Part 2

In any relationship, there's a point of no return. For the late The Guy I Thought Was The One, it was the point at which he cussed me out. For New Boo, I see it's the point where he can't come home.

To be fair -- as much as I can be -- he knew he was coming home to a fight. My text messages said so, and I don't know that I blame him for wanting to avoid that. However, I submit that he could've avoided it had he been respectful and considerate in the beginning.

The day started out typically for us in that he went out to work and I stayed home to work. Because I didn't really have anything particular on my agenda, I let him use my metrocard because it's unlimited and would allow him to save a couple of bucks. In the afternoon, he hit me up and asked about dinner. I told him what I wanted to make, and what I needed him to make, and that was what was supposed to happen.

Then I get a call from him saying that he had to work late. No problem, I said, just let me know what's up and we'll work it out. Cool. Next thing I know, he texting me saying that he'll be out in 30 minutes.

This is where things get hairy. If he leaves work in 30, his commute takes him anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Okay...so I start putting the meal together. Once everything is done, I hit him up to see how close he is. No response. Okay...then another hour and a half goes by, and I start to worry. After all, this is the same city where a man got arrested for wielding a hammer in the streets. I hit him up to ask where he is. That's when he tells me that he stopped to watch the hockey game and have drinks with his boys.

That's when I got irritated. Do I mind him watching hockey and drinking? No. Even though I didn't know he liked hockey, I wouldn't have tripped on that. What made me mad was that he didn't just tell me that beforehand. 

About 10 minutes later he hits me with the, "They wanna get another drink." I hit him back with the expressionless emoticon to let him know that I'm not pleased. He asks, "Can I," and adds, "I'll make it up to you when I get home."

At this point, my patience has worn thin, and I tell him to do what he wants but just know that I'm a  little disgusted because he could've let me know what was going on hours ago. He then asks me if I want him to come home, and I blew up. I said, "I wanted you to let me know you were staying out before you did it. Do what you want to do now."

TWO HOURS later, and I haven't heard from him so I say, "Um...will you be making an appearance at home this evening?" That's when he tells me that he's still out and that he's going to Brooklyn to stay with one of his boys.

Now, we JUST had a huge blowout a couple of weeks ago and I told him that no matter what happens, he needs to come home because it's disrespectful not to when you live with someone. But this is what he chose to do.

Am I wrong to be upset about all this? I don't know, but now I have some decisions to make. The way I see it, I can't marry someone who has no regard whatsoever for my feelings and no respect for me. After all, I'm bending over backwards to make sure that I make choices that are beneficial to both of us. Meanwhile, he's all about himself. 

I'm hurt and upset, but I can't really feel anything because I'm beyond numb right now. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v
There's always that one. The one person you'd change your entire life for if they asked you to. Whether it's the first man you ever loved, the first guy who saw you naked, or the first man to bring you flowers, if he said, "Marry me, and travel with me around the world," you'd quit your job and hop on the first thing smoking. Alas, I haven't met him yet. Actually...that's not true. I have met him. But he doesn't want me. So rather than admit that the one guy I'd leave it all for wouldn't be caught dead with me, I say we don't know each other. I read an article this week that I found to be very informative. It was talking about how men will use any woman who allows herself to be used. And while I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I don't want that kind of life, I recognized myself in all those women. I've been there. And there are times (like today) when it would be nice to have someone around...even if they're

Long-Distance Sucks

I hate long-distance relationships. Absolutely despise them. So, you ask, why am I currently in one? The short answer is, “I don’t know.” The real answer is, “I don’t know anyone locally that gets me.” Tinderfella is in New York. I am in Texas. Maybe I shouldn’t have let it get this far. Maybe I should’ve nipped it in the bud. But I didn’t. Now I find myself strung out over a man I won’t get to touch until September — IF I’m lucky. With my cycle and every other factor that could exert itself over my situation, I don’t know if we’ll get to see each other then. I don’t like this. I want to kick it with him after work. Maybe hook up and see a movie. Or not. We could cuddle on the couch or discuss the day’s events or just breathe each other’s air. I wanna watch his face light up when he sees me or frown when he gets mad. I want to learn his facial expressions and body language well enough to read joy, peace, anger, and hatred on him. Basically, I want to be with him in a real and meaningfu