Skip to main content

Tinderfella

So...I met someone. On Tinder.

Before you judge me, please know that this is my attempt to move on. I am trying so very hard to let New Boo go. I really am. Some days are easier than others. 

I was going to do eHarmony, but I felt like it was too expensive without offering me much. So I went on Tinder and got two matches the same day. One of them was a "spiritual nonconformist," which I took to mean an across the board heathen. The other one literally sounds like everything I've been looking for.

Tinderfella is a divorced dad of two who lives in Queens. He seems to be a lovely dude who has a great sense of humor and great taste in music. He loves his family AND he loves Jesus -- a plus for me. He even said those magic words that every woman wants to hear...

"I wanna be a husband."

Since I just met him, I don't necessarily want him to be MY husband today, but I like where his head is. It also doesn't hurt that he thinks I'm beautiful. 

Could this be something? I certainly hope so. But I'm determined to take it slow until I see what's REALLY going on with him.

I'm sad to say that because of New Boo, I'm finding it harder to trust people. I almost want to see his paperwork to make sure he's divorced and meet his mother to make sure he's not lying, That's not a good feeling to me right now.

I'm encouraged by his light demeanor and kindness that shines through his conversation as I work hard to swallow my New Boo-inspired doubts.

At this point, we've been enjoying pleasant conversations that sometimes get deeper than I ever intended. We've talked about his ex-wife and his ex-girlfriend. He told me about his mother's mother, who physically and emotionally abandoned her first set of children and went on to have a second set. He even told me that he saw a therapist after his divorce because he was so depressed.

Meanwhile, I've told him about New Boo, and how disappointed I was that it didn't work out. I told him about my father, whom I didn't meet until I was 22. At this point, I can't remember if we've talked about the dearly departed one yet, but I think I will have to tell him.

Mind you, we still haven't met in person. If all goes according to plan, that should happen this week sometime. He's taking his girls back to their mother, and even though he's starting a new job, he'll be free. Should be interesting.

The way I see it right now, even if we're not physically attracted to each other, we've got a good enough basis to be great friends. We shall see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v

The Five Commandments of Houseguests

It's Sunday night, and I just put one of my girlfriends on the plane. She's a great person, but this weekend wore on me like none other. In her defense, she's in mourning. Her husband just died in September, and she's learning how to live again. They had been together since high school and now he's gone. That being said...there was NO excuse for the way she acted this weekend. Please understand...I'm not perfect. Never have been. And now that I'm 40, I don't feel the need to apologize for it. But NO ONE gets to make me feel inferior in MY house. Absolutely not! My house wasn't exactly in tip-top shape. I work two jobs, sing in the church choir, and try to work out with my trainer twice a week. So my house wasn't really ready for her. Then I realized that my mind wasn't ready for her, either. Even when we were in school, she wasn't the friend I could hang out with every day. More than that, she came with the very mentality th
There's always that one. The one person you'd change your entire life for if they asked you to. Whether it's the first man you ever loved, the first guy who saw you naked, or the first man to bring you flowers, if he said, "Marry me, and travel with me around the world," you'd quit your job and hop on the first thing smoking. Alas, I haven't met him yet. Actually...that's not true. I have met him. But he doesn't want me. So rather than admit that the one guy I'd leave it all for wouldn't be caught dead with me, I say we don't know each other. I read an article this week that I found to be very informative. It was talking about how men will use any woman who allows herself to be used. And while I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I don't want that kind of life, I recognized myself in all those women. I've been there. And there are times (like today) when it would be nice to have someone around...even if they're